Thursday, October 29, 2009

For an Amazing Cause

Last month I had the wonderful honor of creating a Wonky Star quilt block for a quilt that was to be given to Quilts of Valor. Crazy Mom Quilts asked several people to donate a block so she could piece them together and present them to QOV. (If you click on Crazy Mom Quilts, you can see my block in the center of the top row of the middle quilt.) This great cause sends handmade quilts to military men and women who have been wounded in battle. This organization pulls on my heart strings since my sister and her husband are both in the USAF. It was an honor to play a very small but significant role in such a worthy cause.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the word WONKY to describe blocks. Makes me think of the ladies at my old quilt shop.